IPPC- Brazil 2019
This ninth edition of the IPPC congresses will be held in the city of Porto de Galinhas, Pernambuco, Brazil. IPPC-Brazil 2019 provides a platform for scientific presentations in oral and poster formats that are original (not been presented in any other event).
Theme of the Congress
Raw Material & Ingredients
presentations will include studies in horticulture, phytochemistry, and innovations in the exploration of natural ingredients
Products & Application
includes presentations on phytocosmetics, phytoceuticals and other natural plant-based products used in phytotherapy, aromatherapy, and personal care.
Practice & Health
important presentations about ethical and sustainable practices in research, production, and marketing along with conversations about the Bio-trade and bioprospecting. Each topic will be covered in one day while presenters are encouraged to use available guidelines to prepare their presentations.
Young Scholar Committee
The International Society for Phytocosmetic Science (ISPS) is establishing a committee of young scholars to strengthen scientific exchanges among scholars at Ph.D. programs, researchers in academia and other institutions, and professionals in the plant-based product manufacturing industries including cosmetic companies (Phytocosmetic) and natural product producers for medicinal or nutritional purposes (Phytotherapy and Phytonutriceutical).
- Knowledge Management: Awareness of the advances in fields of study related to phytocosmetics, phytotherapy, and natural products.
- Innovation: Exploring to learn about the application of science in the creation of new technologies and validation processes
- Networking for the purposes of building collaboration via recruiting new members to join ISPS and enhancing member services to sustain the scientific value of becoming a member
- Dissemination of the scientific and technical information, that is made possible by the IJPNI (the online peer-reviewed journal of the ISPS) by participating in the design and selection of the topic/theme for the future events, and via appropriate use of social media tools (LinkedIn, Twitter).
Members of the Young Scholar Committee (YSC) are expected to creatively endeavor and become leaders of the future through the commitment to practicing the KIND principles. This committee organizes the pre-event at IPPC-Brazil 2019
IPPC-Argentina 2018 secured the exchange of scientific information related to plant-based cosmetic products (Phytocosmetics) and the use of plant-based ingredients in therapy (Phytotherapy) during various sessions. Sustainable, ethical, and no-harm approaches are the only acceptable practice ensuring maintaining biodiversity, appropriate and just use of resources in collaboration with local and indigenous communities (more information about this principal). Experts will offer effective implementation of the Nagoya Protocol.
IPPC-Argentina provided a platform for scientific presentations in oral and poster formats that are original (not been presented in any other event) in many areas of expertise and panel discussion relevant to phytocosmetics and phytotherapy focusing on the listed values were:
- sustainable and ethical practice
- phytocosmetics: advantages of plant-based cosmetics
- best practices in production and marketing